Foaming or liquid? Sensitive or dry skin? Or perhaps combination? Choosing a facial cleanser isn’t as easy as choosing a bar of soap, that’s for sure.
Make sure your facial cleanser is taking care of all of your problem areas while addressing your skins needs. Asses your skin type first, then consider what type of cleanser is best for your skin type.
- Oily Skin: Rule of thumb: oil-free cleansers only. These cleansers are formulated to help overtime reduce the oil created through the skin’s sebum.
- Dry Skin: Cream and liquid cleansers are perfect for dry skin. Not only do they deeply remove dirt from the skin’s pores, but provide instant hydration.
- Combination: The cleanser’s texture won’t affect the skin’s condition as much so go for a foaming, gel, or lotion cleanser. Combination skin is a mix of dry and oily prone skin so a general cleanser will work well for combination skin.
- Sensitive: Sensitive skin requires a gentle facial cleanser, one with no alcohol, no harsh ingredients or additives like fragrance. Mild cleansers deliver the most nourishing benefit to skin.
- Liquid/Gel: Perfect for all types of skins and conditions.
- Foaming: Foam cleansers are gentle and should be used on sensitive skin types.
- Cream or Lotion: These textured cleansers can either be rinsed off or wiped off with a tissue. Due to the heavy nature of these cleansers, refrain from using if your skin is oily or acne-prone.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating cleansers are essential for all skin types. At least once a week everyone should exfoliate to remove clogged dirt from pores.