Contouring the face gives the appearance of a highly chiseled face structure. A proper contour gives the appearance of a slender face, higher cheekbones, structured jaw line, and even a smaller forehead if you need it. Highlighting gives your face a glow by highlighting the highest points of the face so that light will reflect from these points.
How to Contour:
- Apply concealer and foundation as normal.
- Take either a powder or liquid foundation in at least 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone and use a flat stippling brush to grab product.
- Start at the hallows of your cheek, make a fishy face if it helps you find them. Go in gentle tight circles as you move up towards your hairline.
- Extend up to the temples of your face and do a few swipes on your forehead right at the edge of your hairline. (This is where you can make your forehead looks smaller if you feel you need it).
- Take the brush and in the same motion graze your jaw line.
- Grab a little more product with your brush and run the brush along the sides of your nose. This will give your nose a slender appearance.
How to Highlight:
- An easy way to highlight if you do or don’t have a specific highlighting product is to use a light shade of concealer under the eye. Use a small amount and your finger to pat concealer on your under eye area. Gently extend the area to include the top of your cheekbones.
- Take a highlighting product and rub a small amount to the top of your cheekbones.
- Run that product on the top length of your nose.
- Place a small amount above your eyebrows, lengthwise.
- Also use highlighter on the brow bone, right underneath your brows.
- Use either your finger or a sponge to gently blend the highlighter into your skin.