I am so over the moon to be connected with one of today’s best celebrity makeup artists, Derrick Rutledge. Today I am sharing some of his halloween beauty tips. Read on and learn more…
Isla Fisher sports finger waves, bold red lips and smoky eyes in The Great Gatsby
Fashionable finger waves:
- Work styling mousse throughout wet hair. Create a deep side part with a fine-tooth comb.
- Next to the part, separate a strand of hair about 2 inches wide. Pull it toward the face and begin shaping the waves.
- Push the hair up towards the part and downwards toward the face to shape the wave in a zig-zag pattern. Continue creating waves all over the head, securing with clips as you move along.
- Repeat this process all the way around the head and allow to air dry or sit under a hairdryer. Finish with hairspray to hold.
Dramatic red lips:
- Begin by coating the lips in a light layer of powder foundation.
- Take a lip-liner that matches the lipstick colour and line the lips, making sure to accentuate the cupid’s bow. Then fill in the entire lip with the same liner.
- Use a lipstick brush to fill in the lip colour over the liner and blot to ensure that the colour is matte.
Sultry smoky eye:
- Begin with a clean canvas: apply a cream-based concealer over the eyelid and allow to set.
- Trace both lashlines with a dark pencil, drawing as close to the lashes as possible and extending the line slightly past the eyelid in an upward sweep. Using a small angled applicator, smudge the line slightly.
- Brush a powder shadow in a similar shade over the eyelid and blend it outward from the crease.
- Then use a highlighting shadow to lightly dust the browbone.
- Lastly, curl lashes and apply several coats of black mascara.
Try creating this look for halloween this Thursday! Send me your pictures, email@example.com =]