Winter… the time of year when your skin is dry, your lips are chapped, and you’re too cold too move.. luckily, we have some tips to help your beauty routine this winter!
1) Exfoliate and moisturize! Dry, flaky skin isn’t fun.. keep your skin baby soft by exfoliating, and then follow with a moisturizer or body butter. (Believe us – your skin will thank you.)
2) This ties in with our #1 – but keep your skin moisturized. Add in a moisturizer to your foundation, or make sure to prep your skin before any makeup application with a moisturizer or moisturizing oil
3) Keep hydrated! Drink lots of water – again – your skin will thank you.
4) Sunny day outside? Make sure you are wearing sunscreen! Just because it’s freezing cold outside, doesn’t mean you can’t get a sun burn. Nobody wants that horrible goggle tan from a day on the ski hill..
5) Two words. Lip Balm. Most beauty stores have a huge variety of lip products which are amazing for your lips. (See our blog on Fresh lip products here!)
These lip products are a definite must have in the winter months!
The above Eminence day cream is another one of our must haves – and available for purchase at Faye’s Studio!
(See our blog about this amazing day cream here!)
Lastly – we know how women are – we must have our makeup on, and our style must be on point. Winter is all about the infinity scarves, and comfy jackets – but how often have you noticed your foundation has transferred onto your favourite clothing item? Well… here’s a simple trick – apply a translucent setting powder to lock in your makeup, and prevent any transferring!
Some of our favuorite settings powders are..
Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder – (Available at Sephora for $39-$41.)
*Careful applying this product – buy applying too much – you can get the dreaded “ghost face”*
NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder – (Available at Sephora for around $40)
This powder is available in both loose and pressed powder, and does have a teeeeeny bit of a shimmer to it.
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – (Available at Sephora for around $45)
This. Stuff. Is. Amazing.
It literally locks everything in and prevents and smudging/rubbing.
Makeup & Hair
Blog By: Shayla Rose
*Please note – nobody has sent us these products – they are all our own opinions.*